The "tenant" means the natural or legal person in whose name the rental contract is drawn up. If the lessee is a natural person, he is also the main driver and the signatory of the contract. If the lessee is a legal person (examples: company, association, etc.) then the main driver is the signatory of the contract.
The “lessor” designates the company carrying out the activity of rental of leisure vehicles under the brand name TRIP-OÙ.
The "vehicle" means the van, van or motorbike rented by the lessor to the lessee. The “vehicle” is described on the “Description” sheet attached to the contract.
The rental “contract”, concluded between the lessor and the lessee, includes the general rental conditions (below), the descriptive state of the vehicle drawn up in opposition to the provision and return of the van, the invoice, and the security deposit.
The rental of a vehicle from the lessor, formalized by the establishment and the signature of 'a rental contract implies unreserved acceptance of any kind by the tenant of the general rental conditions. We therefore recommend that you read them carefully.
ARTICLE 1 - WHAT CONDITIONS MUST THE TENANT FULFILL? WHAT DOCUMENTS MUST BE PROVIDED?
The main driver and, if applicable, the additional driver mentioned on the contract, must be over 23 years old, and have a valid driving license of more than three years.
The main driver renter must present, when signing the rental contract
- A valid identity document
- A proof of address of less than one year in his name - original paper document or electronic document. The accepted documents: Water, electricity, gas or telephone bill (including mobile phone), or tax notice or certificate of non-taxation, or insurance receipt (fire, rental risks or civil liability ) for housing, or title deed or rent receipt or proof of address of less than three months established in the name of a person with whom the tenant resides.
- The valid driving license (duplicate or photocopy not accepted).
For Vans, the tenant must be the holder of a non-probationary B license by a person over 23 years old
- For permits issued outside the EU: translated into French or English, recognized in France. If not, an international permit must accompany the original permit
For Motorcycles, the tenant must be the holder of the A or A2 license by a person over 21 years old
- For permits issued outside the EU: translated into French or English, recognized in France. If not, an international permit must accompany the original permit
- A means of payment to settle the rental
- A bank card or a check in his name for the payment of the security deposit - amount not cashed during the rental (details article 5.2)
Warning: Failure to comply with these conditions or the non-delivery of one of these documents will result in the immediate cancellation of the contract, 30% of the amount of the service is not returned, unless the vehicle can be re-rented by the lessor, see article 2.4.
ARTICLE 2 - WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS OF RESERVATION, RATES, PAYMENT, CANCELLATION?
2.1 – Booking
The reservation of a vehicle by the tenant:
- Reservation request made by the tenant, including their choices in terms of type of van, accessories and fittings, and dates. This request can be made:
o Mainly through the TRIP-OÙ website: www.trip-ou.com
o Directly, by email or phone, from the rental agency's agency (see contact details on the website)
- Confirmation in return by the lessor to the lessee of availability, by email, including a quote indicating the dates, the vehicle (and its fittings and accessories), and the rate applied. The validity period of the quote is one month from the date of dispatch
- Payment by the tenant of the full rental price, by the tenant's credit card The reservation is only effective at the time of receipt by the lessor.
2.2 – Prices
The rental price is the one communicated by the lessor in the quote or on the site www.trip-ou.com when booking, valid for one month subject to vehicle availability, sent at the time of booking.
The rental price includes:
- Local Taxes (the rates mentioned are always inclusive of VAT)
- The price of the rental of the vehicle according to the tariff period
- Accessories and fittings added to vehicles
- Insurance and assistance
- A mileage package: 250 km / day for Vans or 200 km / day for motorcycles.
- Two authorized drivers subject to meeting the conditions of Article I.
- All risk insurance included
2.3 – Payment
The rental payment can be made:
- Mainly by credit card on the site www.trip-ou.com at the time of booking
- In cash with a maximum amount of 1000 € (one thousand euros) banknotes of 200 € and 500 € are not accepted.
- In ANCV holiday voucher
Payments by check are not accepted
The deposit is made by credit card (or by check for day trips only). The amount of this security deposit is not cashed during the rental period (details in article 5.2).
The tenant authorizes TRIP-OÙ to debit all or part of the security deposit in the case of sums due (details in article 5.2.2)
In the event of default or unpaid:
- When booking: the reservation is canceled
- When the vehicle is made available: the rental is canceled in application of article 2.4.1
o If the vehicle is not returned from the day after the day of cancellation of the contract, it will be charged € 200 per day of delay, in addition to the rental rate plus 10% penalties. The tenant accepts that the landlord deducts these penalties from his bank card. In addition, the lessor can initiate criminal proceedings for non-return of the vehicle and breach of trust.
2.4 – Cancellation
2.4.1 – Cancellation by the tenant
In the case of a reservation cancellation by the tenant:
- For all services except the motorcycle ride day, occurring less than 10 days before the start of the rental: 30% of the amount of the service is not returned, unless the vehicle can be re-let by the lessor. Between 10 and 20 days before the start of the rental, 10% of the amount of the service is not returned, unless the vehicle can be re-rented by the lessor. Beyond 20 days before the start of the rental, the entire stay is refunded
- For the day trip, occurring less than 24 hours before the start of the rental, no refund. Beyond 24 hours, full refund.
2.4.2 – Cancellation by the lessor
The lessor can cancel the reservation for reasons of force majeure such as strike, fire, water damage, impossibility of access, decisions from authorities, vehicle damaged or broken down, delay of the previous tenant, etc ...,
The lessor can cancel the reservation until the moment of departure if he considers that the condition of the driver and / or his passengers present a risk of degradation or for the safety of the vehicle and its occupants (excessively alcoholic, presenting a poor state of health). at risk, etc…)
The tenant is offered the same rental on another date.
In the event of refusal to postpone, the tenant can obtain reimbursement of all sums already paid to the lessor.
Under no circumstances can the customer claim damages to cover:
- The inability for the lessor to ensure the rental over the period provided, or the late delivery of the vehicle
ARTICLE 3 - WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS FOR THE PROVISION AND RETURN OF VEHICLES?
3.1 – Description of the rented vehicle
The lessor makes the reserved vehicle available to the lessee, characterized by:
- Its type (among our different ranges)
- The options and accessories that equip it as well as all the items rented under the Perfect Camper Pack option (see the options available on https://www.trip-ou.com)
3.2 – Provision of the vehicle
The vehicle is made available at the premises of the lessor.
In the event that the lessee leaves his own vehicle for the duration of the rental, the lessor will not be held responsible in the event of breakdown, theft or break-in, attempted theft, damage related to the forces of nature on his vehicle. These claims must be borne by the lessee and his insurers.
The days and times for the provision of vehicles will generally be on Saturdays in the morning, the time of provision will be communicated in the quote or by electronic means when confirming the reservation.
The days and times for the availability of motorcycles may be done every day, the time of availability will be communicated in the quote or electronically during the booking confirmation.
Failure to respect these times will result in an overloading of the rental area in the lessor's premises, and may cause a delay. The tenant may not in any case claim damages.
The lessor gives the vehicle to the tenant in perfect working order, clean, with full of fuel and clean water, and provided with all titles administrative requirements for its circulation.
The condition of the vehicle (interior and exterior) is described in the “Description” sheet of the rental contract. The tenant and the lessor undertake to record therein in writing, before departure, any apparent defect. The lessee has the possibility, during the first 10 kilometers of his journey, to contact the lessor to report an unidentified defect during the provision of the vehicle. After this period, the rented vehicle will be considered to comply with the condition described on this sheet.
The lessor will not be able to take into account complaints concerning apparent damage that have not been reported on the "Description" sheet.
In the same way, all the included and optional equipment will be made available complete and in working order. An exhaustive list of all the equipment made available to the customer is recorded with the rental contract.
3.3 – Vehicle return
The return of the vehicle will be made, unless otherwise indicated in the contract, at the same place as its provision.
The days and times for returning the Vans are:
- Friday morning except for events, special promotions or agreement with the lessor, the return time will be communicated a few days before the start of the stay.
The days and times for returning motorcycles are:
- Every day, the return time will be communicated a few days before the start of the stay.
- For any other day or time, contact us
The return must take place on the date and time indicated on the rental agreement.
- In the case of a return request after the date indicated, the tenant must inform the lessor 3 days before the return date appearing on the contract
- If the lessor agrees, the return date will be changed. In this case, the tenant gives authorization to the lessor to proceed to the debit, on the tenant's bank card, of the tariff surplus calculated on the basis of the current rental tariff.
- If the lessor does not give his agreement, and the vehicle is not returned on the date fixed by the contract, the delay is invoiced 200 € per day of delay, in addition to the rental price calculated on the basis of the price of current rental. The tenant accepts that the landlord deducts these penalties from his bank card. In addition, the lessor can initiate criminal proceedings for non-return of the vehicle and breach of trust.
- In the case of a return on the date indicated on the contract, but with a delay compared to the time indicated on the contract, the tenant must inform the lessor as soon as possible, and at the latest in the morning. of the day of return. Any delay of more than one hour may be charged € 50 per hour.
In the event that he refuses to sign the descriptive return statement of the vehicle, the lessee accepts that the lessor has recourse to an independent automobile expert to establish the descriptive return statement, and that the cost of this intervenor be invoiced to him.
The vehicle must be returned:
- Clean inside and out: the vehicle must be in the same state of cleanliness as when the vehicle was put in hand. In the case of the subscription to the cleaning package, the vehicle must be returned in an acceptable state of cleanliness (The toilets, the dishes, the gas stove and the refrigerator are to be cleaned by the customer, condition of the bodywork allowing inventory)
- With full fuel (in the case of an unfilled tank, a flat rate of 2 € / missing liter may be charged)
- With all fittings, accessories, locking systems and any anti-theft devices provided for the provision
- With their travel documents and all the documents provided on the day of departure
- All included and optional equipment complete and in perfect working order.
Otherwise, any repair costs will be the responsibility of the tenant and a flat rate of 50€ will be taken from the security deposit (details of the financial responsibility of the tenant in article 5).
3.4 – Recovery of the vehicle by the lessor, with breach of contract
The lessee authorizes the lessor to terminate the rental contract and to take back possession of the vehicle at any time in the following cases:
- The tenant has not respected the terms of the rental agreement and the general conditions
- The tenant has provided the landlord with false information
- The vehicle seems abandoned
- The vehicle was not returned on the day specified in the rental contract
- Passengers or the vehicle are endangered
The tenant and / or his passengers present a risk of degradation or for the safety of the vehicle and its occupants
- The tenant is in default or late payment.
ARTICLE 4 - WHAT IS THE RENTER'S RESPONSIBILITY TOWARDS THE VEHICLE AND ITS ACCESSORIES?
The main driver renter is solely responsible. He ensures the proper use, maintenance and safekeeping of the vehicle and of all documents and equipment entrusted to him.
4.1 – Vehicle safety
When the vehicle is empty of occupants, the tenant agrees that it is parked in accordance with the legislation, and locked, with the anti-theft devices provided by the lessor.
The tenant must not leave the keys and traffic documents (original gray card if supplied) with the vehicle.
He also undertakes to keep accessories such as GPS, telephones, personal effects, etc. out of sight when the vehicle is parked and unoccupied.
4.2 – Vehicle maintenance
The tenant is responsible for cleaning and routine maintenance of the vehicle during the rental period, including:
- Cleaning the interior and exterior of the vehicle
- Checking - visually and using a pressure gauge if necessary - of the tire pressure, and their inflation if necessary
- Checking the oil levels, and the various fluids (brake, cooling, etc.) every 5,000 km traveled, and updating them if necessary
It is necessary to contact the rental company for the reference of the maintenance products (oil, brake fluid, coolant, etc.) to be used
- Checking the fuel level, and adding fuel; Diesel only for vans, Unleaded 95 or 98 for motorcycles.
The use of Unleaded 95 E10 is strictly prohibited in motorcycles.
- Checking the indicator lights (dashboard)
The lessee is required, in the event of damage to one or more tires and / or rims during the rental, to proceed at his own expense and after having obtained the agreement of the lessor to repair or exchange the tire and / or of the damaged rim against an identical new model (brand, profile, dimensions and speed rating).
4.3 – Vehicle use
The lessee undertakes to comply with the recommendations provided by the lessor when taking charge of the vehicle. These recommendations relate to driving, the use of its original equipment, and the use of additional equipment added to the vehicle by the lessor.
Rental is strictly personal. The main driver tenant agrees not to allow the vehicle to be driven by people other than himself and the additional drivers mentioned on the contract.
The main driver tenant agrees, throughout the rental period :
- Take care of the equipment supplied, observe the precautions for use, avoid any improper handling which would damage the interior and exterior condition of the vehicle (examples: tearing of the upholstery, tearing of the pop-up roof sheet, severe deterioration fittings and furniture ...)
- To inform the lessor of the presence of a domestic animal on board. Only dogs are allowed.
- Do not drive while intoxicated
- Do not drive under the influence of drugs
- To respect the number of places provided by the registration document
- To use the vehicle only for personal purposes
- Do not sublet the vehicle
- Not to transport people or goods for a consideration
- Do not overload the vehicle beyond the maximum authorized weight as defined on the vehicle registration document
- Not to tow another vehicle, nor use the rented vehicle to push another vehicle
- Not to transport dangerous goods
- Do not put the vehicle in contact with salt water
- Do not drive outside of paved traffic lanes (fields, mud, sand, unpaved paths, etc.)
- Do not drive on snow without the equipment provided by the rental company
- Do not smoke or vape in the van
- Do not get on the roof of the van
- Do not use an abrasive sponge for cleaning the interior and exterior of the van
- Do not travel to countries not covered by the insurance provided by the rental company (see list of countries on the green card)
- Not to drive after the possible withdrawal of your driving license
The tenant can in no way be held responsible for incidents or accidents occurring following the use of the rented equipment with the vehicle
ARTICLE 5 - WHAT IS THE FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY OF THE TENANT? HOW IS IT GUARANTEED?
5.1 – Financial liability of the tenant
5.1.1 – Vehicle maintenance
The tenant is financially responsible for the cleaning and maintenance operations necessary for the routine maintenance of the vehicle during the rental period, as described in article 4.2 :
- Interior and exterior cleaning of the van
- Addition of fuel during the rental period, and full tank at the end of the rental (done less than 10km from the return location)
- For long-term rentals, upgrade oil and other fluids (example: Ad Blue, coolant, etc.), if necessary.
- The cost of repairing the vehicle will be borne by the lessee, in the event that the return inventory indicates a failure to comply with his responsibility for the maintenance of the vehicle:
- The vehicle cleaning package can be taken out before, during and until the day of return at no additional cost.
- Fuel: in the case of a not full tank, a flat rate of 2 € / missing liter may be charged
5.1.2 – Vehicle repair costs - damage covered by insurance
The financial responsibility of the tenant corresponds to the amount of the security deposit.
Refer to article 6 for details relating to the insurance taken out by the lessor, and the conditions of damage covered by your rental contract.
5.1.3 - Vehicle repair costs - damage not covered by insurance
The renter's responsibility is fully engaged, up to the cost of repairing the rented vehicle by the lessor, in the case of damage not covered by the insurance.
Refer to article 6 for details relating to the insurance taken out by the lessor, and the conditions of damage and theft not covered by your rental contract.
5.1.4 - Tickets
The tenant is financially responsible for fines and penalties (financial and criminal) during the rental period: speeding, parking, etc.
In the event of non-treatment by the tenant of his contraventions ions, the lessee authorizes the lessor:
- to debit its security deposit for the amount of the increase required by the authorities. Local taxes in force will be applied.
- to charge him an additional processing fee of € 30
5.1.5 – Key loss and circulation documents
In the event of loss of the keys and/or vehicle tickets, the lessee makes the required declarations with a view to issuing a duplicate, and replaces the items at his expense.
In the event of forgetting the keys inside the vehicle, and if it was brought to close, all the costs necessary for the re-opening and repair of the vehicle are the responsibility of the tenant
5.2 – Guarantee of the financial responsibility of the tenant: deposit
5.2.1 – Payment of the security deposit
Renting a vehicle from the lessor requires the payment of a security deposit of 2,000 euros for vans and 500 € for motorcycles. This security deposit covers all sums due by the tenant (see below, section 5.2.2)
The amount of the security deposit is not cashed during the rental period.
The security deposit is paid by credit card imprint (or by check for motorcycles only).
Note about the deposit by bank imprint: Once done, the funds are blocked for 1 week, in order to guarantee them. The lessor can still debit the deposit for 3 weeks after that, but it will no longer be guaranteed (the funds will no longer be blocked in the lessee's account).
It is possible for the lessor to partially debit the deposit.
Attention point: a deposit blocks the provision on the lessor's account, but also counts as a payment for him, against his CB payment limit. Example:
I have a credit card allowing me payments of up to € 3,000 / month. You issue a deposit of 2000 € for the rental of the vehicle. The funds are blocked on my credit card for a week, but also withdrawn from my payment limit during the said week.
So I would only have 3000 - 2000 = 1000 € of payments available.
The tenant accepts that the lessor is authorized to collect, if necessary, the sums due by the tenant under this contract. If the security deposit is established by imprint of a bank card, the tenant accepts that the lessor establishes a debit corresponding to the sums due.
5.2.2 - Return of the security deposit
The deposit of guarantee by bank imprint, see note on sureties in article 5.2.1. Payment of the security deposit
The security deposit, if paid by check, is returned 2 months after the return of the vehicle. This period may be extended until full payment by the tenant of the following possible costs:
- Vehicle repair costs
- Late return penalties for late return of the vehicle
- Costs of overtaking kilometers: 15 € per additional 50km increments, any started installment is due.
- Purchase of equipment, or its equivalents, included or optional at the price indicated in the rental contract
In the case of repair costs noted during the return of the vehicle, the lessee authorizes TRIP-OÙ to immediately debit all or part of the security deposit:
- for lack of fuel, cleaning costs, late penalties
- following material damage according to the scale provided by TRIP-OÙ in the rental contract.
- For damage outside the scale, or an expertise from a repairer or bodybuilder is necessary, an invoice will be drawn up and sent to the lessee after its return date. This invoice will give rise either to an additional payment by the tenant, or to a refund in the event of an overpayment.
ARTICLE 6 - WHAT ARE THE INSURANCE AND ASSISTANCE INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL AGREEMENT?
6.1 – Insurance and assistance contract coverage
Insurance and assistance apply :
- For incidents and accidents involving the vehicle and third parties, under the responsibility of one of the drivers mentioned in the contract
- In the countries mentioned on the green insurance card
- During the term of the rental contract
- Subject to the respect by the tenant of all his responsibilities towards the vehicle, as described in articles 4.2 and 4.3. In the event of damage to the tenant due to improper use (examples: tearing of upholstery, tearing of tent fabrics, severely damaged furniture), his full responsibility is engaged.
6.1.1 Insurance vans
The insurance contract included in the rental includes:
THE MAIN GUARANTEES
- Civil liability, Article 2 of the GTC: Damage caused to third parties by the insured vehicle in and out of circulation, without limit on the amount for bodily injury, with a ceiling of 100,000,000 euros per claim for material and immaterial damage.
- Automobile Civil Liability, Article 3 of the GTC: The optional extensions of the Automobile Civil Liability coverage defined in Article 3. of the attached General Conditions, if they are provided for in the specifications, are guaranteed up to: Bodily Injury: 100 million euros. Consequential material and immaterial damage: 100 million euros.
- Driver Protection, Article 8 of the GTC: driver of the vehicle is covered in the event of death, disability, hospitalization, following a traffic accident.
- Criminal Defense and Recourse, Article 4 of the GTC: in the event of a dispute between you and a third party, Criminal Defense and Recourse following an Accident allows the implementation, by amicable or judicial means, of the means necessary to protect your rights and interests.
- Theft, Fire Article 5 of the GTC: damage resulting from the disappearance and/or deterioration of the insured vehicle
- Accidents and acts of vandalism, Article 5 of the GTC: damage to the insured vehicle during an impact with a fixed or mobile body, the vehicle overturning, various acts of vandalism
- Glass breakage, Article 5 of the GTC: damage suffered following the breakage of the windshield, mirrors and their support, side windows, rear window, headlight optics and the sunroof or not of the insured vehicle.
The deductibles are covered by the tenant's deposits.
The deductible applies for each event. Several deductibles are therefore applicable in the event of non-concomitant claims
The detailed general contractual conditions are available on request from the lessor
6.1.2 Motorcycle Insurance
- Civil Liability:
Bodily injury: unlimited amount of cover
Material damage: amount of cover limited to € 100,000,000.00
- Advance on material recourse:
According to the General Conditions
- Criminal Defense and Recourse Following Accident
- Legal intervention for disputes involving a sum greater than or equal to € 500.00
Ceilings and conditions according to the Protection and Defense of your rights guarantees provided for in the General Conditions
-Legal Protection of your Vehicle
-Judicial intervention for disputes involving a sum greater than or equal to € 500.00
Ceilings and conditions according to Protectio guarantees n legal provisions provided for in the General Conditions
- Driver's equipment No excess (Guarantee ceiling: € 1,000.00)
-Assistance 0 km
Without kilometer deductible
According to the Assistance guarantee of the General Conditions
Deductible without means of protection: € 1,050.00
Deductible with 1 means of protection: € 525.00
Deductible with 2 means of protection: € 350.00
-Fire Deductible: € 350.00
Natural disasters Legal deductible
-Forces de la nature Deductible: € 350.00
- Glass breakage: No deductible
-Damage all accidents Deductible: € 350.00
-Protection Drivers Solidaire:
Overall ceiling: € 80,000.00
Current health expenses: ceiling of € 1,100.00
Capital Death: € 7,700.00
Permanent Functional Deficit: ceiling of € 80,000.00
The value of the point of incapacity is equal to 1% of the ceiling
THE CLAUSES PARTICULARS OF YOUR CONTRACT
Professional civil liability not guaranteed:
Only the consequences are guaranteed. these financial liability that the insured may incur due to bodily injury and material damage caused to third parties related to the movement of insured vehicles.
Assistance 0 km:
Notwithstanding the Conditions In general, the Assistance cover is only due following events linked to the use of the insured vehicle. The vehicle assistance guarantee is granted without a kilometer deductible. The personal assistance guarantee is granted without kilometer deductible unless a specific provision specifies that the generating event occurs more than 50 km from the agency.
It There is a break-in of the vehicle when the steering lock is broken.
Means of protection theft:
The means of protection recognized by us are the following: anti-theft systems NF / FFMC Or SRA Class, vehicle anti-theft marking, vehicle tracking system, original manufacturer alarm system . The amount of the excess is determined on the basis of the supporting documents presented in the following list: purchase invoice for the NF / FFMC or SRA Class lock, vehicle marking certificate, certificate justifying the activation of the vehicle tracking system, invoice for the purchase of the manufacturer's original alarm system.
It is agreed between us that the permanent functional deficit service is compensated on the express condition that the rate of 'AIPP of the insured, constituting a permanent functional deficit, ie greater than or equal to 10%.
Enhanced Driver's Compensation:
It is agreed between us that the permanent functional deficit benefits , loss of current professional earnings, permanent aesthetic damage and adapted housing costs are compensated on the express condition that the insured's AIPP rate, constituting a permanent functional deficit, is greater than or equal to 10%. For third-party assistance, the insured's AIPP rate, constituting a permanent functional deficit, must be greater than or equal to 50%.
The detailed general contractual conditions are available on request from the landlord
6.2 – Incidents not covered by the insurance contract
The following incidents and damages are not covered by the insurance, and engage the full financial responsibility of the tenant:
- Damage and theft of personal effects of the lessee and passengers of the vehicle
- Damage occurring in the event that the driver of the rented vehicle is not mentioned in the contract
- Damage occurring in a country not mentioned on the green insurance card
- Damage occurring outside the rental period mentioned in the contract
- Damage occurring as a result of the lessee's failure to comply with his responsibilities for the maintenance and use of the vehicle, as described in articles 4.2 and 4.3. Examples of damage not covered:
- Improper fuel use
- Damage and degradation related to careless use of the vehicle (interior and exterior damage): Torn seats, broken or degraded elements, etc.
- Damage caused by using the vehicle in sand, mud, snow
- Damage involving the tenant's intoxication or intoxication
- Damage that is the subject of bad or false information and/or declarations provided by the tenant to the lessor and its insurer, or to the voluntary omission of information by the tenant, or to the impossibility of using the information provided by the tenant (in particular in the amicable accident report)
- Damage resulting from the non-transmission to the lessor of information relating to the incident (in particular the accident report)
- Damage resulting from the abandonment or non-return within the time limits mentioned on the rental contract of the vehicle by the lessee
- Theft of the vehicle following its abandonment or non-return within the time limits mentioned on the rental contract by the tenant.
The tenant accepts that the lessor is irrevocably authorized to collect the sums due by the tenant to cover these costs, even if these sums exceed the amount of the security deposit.
6.3 – Operation of insurance in the event of damage to the vehicle and/or to a third party
Two cases may arise in the case of damage involving the vehicle rented by the lessor:
- The damage caused is the total responsibility of an identified third party: the insurance of this third party is financially responsible for the costs of repairing the vehicle rented by the lessor. Provided that this third party is identified, and insured, the costs of repair are at his expense.
- The damages caused are under the partial or total responsibility of the tenant: his financial responsibility is engaged
In the event of disagreement concerning the amount of the costs of repairing the vehicle notified by the lessor, the tenant will have the possibility to ask, at its own expense, an expert appraisal carried out by an expert approved by the courts, within 10 days of the payment request notification sent by the lessor.
The conclusions of this expert will be binding on both parties.
In the event that the tenant is involved in several claims during the rental period, each claim independently will give rise to the application of compensation according to the terms and conditions above.
ARTICLE 7 - WHAT TO DO IN THE EVENT OF AN INCIDENT, BREAKDOWN, THEFT?
7.1 – What to do in the event of an accident ...
In the event of a vehicle accident involving a third party, it is the tenant's responsibility:
- To complete an amicable insurance report (failing this the tenant will be considered responsible) allowing
- Identify the conditions of the disaster, and the responsibilities of the different parties (tenant and third parties)
- Identify the third party: name, telephone number, driver's license number, registration number
- To notify the lessor immediately, so that the lessor can report the loss to the insurance within 48 hours
- Start the assistance procedure, if necessary
7.2 – What to do in the event of an incident or breakdown ...
In the event of an incident or breakdown of the vehicle, it is the responsibility of the tenant:
- To notify the lessor immediately, so that the lessor can initiate the assistance procedure, if necessary
- Not to carry out any repair or replacement of part, without the agreement of the lessor
- In the case of repairs or replacement of parts carried out with the agreement of the lessor, to have the invoices drawn up and kept in the name of the lessor. These invoices will be reimbursed by the lessor if the incident or breakdown corresponds to normal wear and tear and the lessee is not liable (see article 4, lessee liability).
7.3 – What to do in the event of theft or attempted break-in ...
In the event of theft or attempted break-in resulting in damage to the vehicle, it is the tenant's responsibility
- Notify the lessor immediately so that the declaration of theft or attempted break-in and theft is made by the lessor to the insurance within 48 hours
- To file, within 24 hours of the incident, a complaint to the police station or the gendarmerie closest to the place of the theft. You will be given a receipt for your return. This approach enables research to be triggered. It will also be the means of relieving your responsibility if the thief causes an accident.
ARTICLE 8 - PERSONAL INFORMATION AND FREEDOMS
8.1 – Use of personal information
The tenant accepts that the lessor collects personal information concerning him (address, telephone number, email address, etc).
This information is confidential, and will not be disclosed by the lessor.
This information will be used by the lessor:
- To ensure the reservation of the vehicle camper and the establishment of a rental contract
- To feed the customer base of the lessor (archiving of customer information following the rental, sending of promotional offers with the agreement of the tenant, etc.)
- To settle any dispute and enforce the general rental conditions.
8.2 – Access, modification and retention of personal information
In accordance with the law, the tenant has the right to access, communicate, modify, rectify and delete personal information collected by the lessor. He can exercise this right by writing by post or email to the agency of the lessor with which he has contracted the rental.
The lessor will archive personal information on a reliable and durable medium constituting a faithful copy. , in accordance with the provisions of article 1348 of the Civil Code. The records of the lessor will be considered by the parties as proof of communications, reservations, payments and transactions between the parties. These archives are accessible to the tenant on request by post or email to the lessor's agency with which he has contracted the rental.